- Target group: lawyers with a cross-border practice, academics
- Level: advanced
- Location:the event will be hosted by Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
- Date and time: 12 October 2018, 15:30-17:30 hrs (registration from 15:00h), followed by drinks
- Price: € 395,- per lecture (price for fulltime PhD-researchers: € 175,-)
For those who register for two lectures or more that will take place in 2018:
€ 350,- per lecture
- PE-credits: 2 PE-points Netherlands Bar
Commercial Law Lectures: leren van de internationale top
In this lecture, Professor McKendrick will examine some of the standard boilerplate terms to be found in modern commercial contracts – entire agreement clauses, exclusion and limitation clauses, force majeure clauses, termination clauses, agreed damages clauses and retention of title clauses. Although the lecture will not examine private international law or international arbitration law in any detail, the lecturer will consider choice of law clauses, jurisdiction clauses and arbitration clauses. The case law discussed will be drawn principally from English law.
Reasons to attend:
- Chance to learn from international top-experts
- Insider’s tips and tricks regarding the application of foreign law
- Enter into dialogue with high-level legal experts
- Excellent networking opportunity
Commercial law Lectures. International exchange for legal professionals
CPO is organising for lawyers with a commercial, cross-border practice featuring high-level legal experts from internationally renowned institutions entitled Commercial law Lectures. International exchange for legal professionals. As Dutch peers will act as moderators, stimulating a discussion between the lecturer and the floor and making the connection with the Dutch legal system, the lectures will be highly dynamic and interactive.
More Commercial law Lectures:
- English insolvency law for Dutch users Hamish Anderson (consultant, Norton Rose Fulbright London)
Do you have questions?
T. 024 – 361 24 09