As Legal Counsel you will be reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel Organisation. The role is a 80-100% full-time permanent position for which a 1 year contract is initially offered. The position is based in Amsterdam.
What the job entails in a nutshell:
- Provide independent legal advice and support to Greenpeace International on organisational legal matters (contracting, employment, data privacy, intellectual property, company law, et cetera);
- Advise on and lead projects with a legal scope; taking hard and soft legislation and governance rules into account, in order to protect Greenpeace International’s integrity, organisation, people, assets and ability to take risk; and to further Greenpeace International’s objectives;
- Support the development and implementation of Greenpeace’s global legal strategy, in cooperation with the Senior Legal Counsel Organisation and the General Counsel;
- Develop strategic legal advice to national/regional Greenpeace organisations on legal matters, with a focus on governance related issues, in collaboration with the respective GPI departments.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in Dutch law;
- Minimum 5 years work experience as an attorney (advocaat) and/or company lawyer in the Netherlands in a commercial law practice;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Dutch employment, contract, corporate and commercial law;
- Good knowledge of corporate administration and governance;
- Membership of the Dutch bar association is an added value;
- Ability to develop, implement and manage complex projects and guide a legal project team;
- Exceptional influencing skills, and strong negotiation, conflict resolution, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong ability to communicate complex legal issues, tailored to targeted audiences;
- Strong skills in capacity-building, training and knowledge transfer;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Analytical skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English. Other languages are an added value;
- Willing to work on call, outside of normal business hours and travel if necessary.
For more information about our legal team, please refer to: https://www.greenpeace.org/international/explore/about/legal/
If you wish to apply for this exciting position, you may submit your CV and motivation letter (in English) here before 4th May 2019.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our recruitment team at email@example.com.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment to providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!